The Eve of Disaster
Pastor Dan Bembry
Bible Way Baptist Church
Text: Genesis 3 KJB
After a major disaster the news will go back and talk about what the people were doing on the Eve of the disaster.
That is what I want to do; is go back and talk about the Eve of Disaster!
Why does Satan tempt us?
“Temptation is Satan's invitation to give in to his kind of life and give up on God's kind of life. Satan tempted Eve and succeeded in getting her to sin. Ever since then, he's been busy getting people to sin.”
How could Eve have resisted temptation?
Let’s look at the things Eve should have not done! That lead to the “ Eve of Disaster!”
I. SAW! ( V:6)
A. The outward object of attraction.
1. Satan made disobedience look PLEASANT! (Pleasant to the eye’s)
2. She has seen the same tree before…
3. Satan always makes sin look pleasant.
B. Are you struggling with temptation because you have not learned that looking is the first step toward sin?
A. Desired- that which was forbidden…
1. Desire - craving: a wish, craving, or longing for something.
B. She should have desired what God has already blessed them with.
( This was the only Tree God told them not to eat from)
C. Our desire should be God’s desire… He knows what is best for us! (Matt. 6:33)
A. Sin - rebellion against God and His word. ( thou shalt not)
1. God’s word is our final authority!!!
2. The devil will use things and people to twist God’s word.
B. She didn’t sin when she was tempted….. Temptation isn’t the sin.
C. She SINNED when she ate and gave to her husband..
D. She should have done what Paul tells us to do… RUN (2nd Tim. 2:22)
* * Then She:
A. The moment they ate they died PHYSICALY and SPIRITUALY. (2:17)
B. They brought the sin curse to mankind. (3:17) (Romans 5:12)
C. They were banished from the presence of God. –FELLOWSHIP- (vs 23-24)
* Like Adam and Eve, all of us have sinned and are separated from fellowship with God.
* (1) We must drop our excuses and self-defenses;
(2) we must stop trying to hide from God;
(3) we must become convinced that God's way is better than our way
* Don’t make the mistake Eve made.